Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This zucchini potato bake is creamy and cheesy with sauce tastes like garlic alfredo. This potato bake has simple ingredients and it comes together quickly….
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 40 minutes ]
- 2 lbs zucchini
- 2 lbs small Yukon gold potatoes (same diameter as zucchini)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, divided
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cups shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives or green onion, plus more to garnish
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups cream, 1 cup parmesan cheese, 2 minced garlic cloves and 2 Tbsp chives.
- Thinly slice 2 large zucchini into ¼” thick rings. Zucchini should be sliced thicker than potatoes.
- Very Thinly Slice potatoes into 1/16” thick rings.
- Transfer sliced zucchini and potatoes to a large mixing bowl and season with 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper, and ½ tsp oregano.
- Layer vegetables in the casserole dish, alternating with zucchini and potatoes.
- You can double up potatoes here and there since there will be more potato slices than zucchini.
- Pour cream mixture evenly over top and sprinkle with ½ cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 400˚F for 40-45 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven and rest at least 10 minutes.
- Garnish with more chives if desired and serve.