Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
So many pizza flavors my taste buds jumped up and did the Macarena through this whole eating experience…..
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 2 loaves sourdough bread (unsliced)
- 300 g | 10oz mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- basil leaves, shredded or chopped finely
- 1/3 cup garlic butter, melted (or 1/4 cup garlic olive oil)
- Italian pizza herbs (dried seasoning)
- Optional add-in: pepperoni slices
Preheat oven to 176C | 350F degrees.
Place the loaves on a lightly greased baking tray (I use the cooking oil spray).
With a sharp knife, cut the bread in rows lengthwise being careful not to cut through to the base of the loaf.
Holding the bread over the top, cut across into it widthwise, again about 1cm above the base crust.
Insert onions first into each slice/wedge, then tomatoes, and finally cheese. Push all ingredients down into the bread really well.
Drizzle the garlic butter or garlic oil into each cut and over the top of bread. Sprinkle with the Italian pizza herbs.
Cover with foil and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
Uncover and bake again for a further 10 minutes, or until bread has turned golden and crispy.
Remove and allow to cool before ripping it apart and devouring each wedge.