Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
When you go crack a tart, you will first feel the taste of caramel quite pronounced then happens that of chocolate.
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 90 ml (6 tablespoons) cream 35%
- 170 g (6 oz) dark chocolate or milk, chopped
- 14 pecans, grilled (optional)
- 250 ml (1 cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pecans, toasted
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) sugar
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cold unsalted butter, diced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) ice water
- ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) of hot 35% cream
- In the food processor, combine flour, pecans, sugar and salt until the pecans are reduced to powder.
- Add the butter and mix until the preparation has a sandy texture.
- Add the water and mix again until the dough just begins to form.
- Add water as needed. Remove the paste from the robot and form a disc.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (400 ° F).
- On a floured work surface, lower the dough finely. Using a 9 cm (3 ½ “) round cutter, cut 14 circles.
- Using thumbs, cast 14 3/3-inch (7.8 x 2 cm) aluminum tart molds. Using a fork, prick the bottom of the racks. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let cool.
- In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook without stirring until golden in color.
- Remove the cream from the heat. Beware of splashing. Bring back to boil.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Divide into the tarts, about 15 ml (1 tbsp) each. Allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Remove from fire.
- Add the chocolate and stir with a whisk until the ganache is homogeneous.
- Divide into the tarts on the caramel, about 15 ml (1 tbsp) each.
- Garnish with half-peanut. Allow to cool completely to room temperature or refrigerate if time presses. Store at room temperature.