Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Fruity Pebble Crunch Ice Cream Cake Is a Home Run! This National Ice Cream Pie Day go the unexpected route with this Fruity Pebble Crunch Ice Cream Cake! Fruity Pebbles are a breakfast favorite, but they add such a yummy taste of fruitiness (and of course delicious crunch!) to this ice cream cake recipe. This is great for a birthday party given how easy and fun it is to execute – the outcome looks amazing, too! With the addition of white chocolate to this cake, this recipe is a home run!
- 4 cups Fruity Pebbles
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1½ tablespoons shortening
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream
- To make the Fruity Pebble Crunch Ice Cream Cake, start by placing half a gallon of vanilla ice cream in the fridge to soften.
- Put Fruity Pebbles into a large bowl. Melt white chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal and stir until evenly coated. Pour the coated cereal onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Allow the white chocolate coating to harden and then break the cereal into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, quickly mix half a gallon of softened vanilla ice cream with 2 cups of the crunchy cereal pieces.
- Spread into a 9-inch springform pan before the ice cream melts. Top with the remaining crunchy cereal and press it into the ice cream.
- Cover the pan and place the ice cream cake in the freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight to harden.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and slide a knife around the edges of the springform pan and then remove the sides.
- Dip a knife in very hot water, quickly dry it off and use the hot knife to cut the ice cream cake. Re-dip and dry the knife for each cut you make.