Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Want to know how to make delicious rice crispy treats even better? The answer is pretty simple. Are you ready for it?
Ingredients [ For 12 to 14 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1 12oz. box Rice Krispies (or generic equivalent)
- 2 10 oz. bags mini marshmallows
- 1 stick of butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 12oz. bag of white chocolate chips, divided
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Generously grease a 9×13″ cake pan or baking dish with butter.
- Melt one stick of butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add mini marshmallows and begin stirring with a heavy-duty spatula. Then add 2/3 of the white chocolate chips and continue stirring.
- Continue stirring until marshmallows are completely melted. There may still be some small chunks of white chocolate–that’s okay…
- Slowly add the Rice Krispies to the pot and stir until cereal is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Pour mixture (it will be sticky!) into your pre-greased baking dish.
- Butter your hands, then press down cereal into the pan.
- Melt remaining white chocolate chips in the microwave. (Heat for 30 seconds, then stir, then repeat until melted. If mixture seems thick, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.)
- Place melted white chocolate in a pastry bag (or Ziploc bag, in a pinch).
- Cut off the tip (or corner) of the bag, then drizzle over-top of cereal, then sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let white chocolate harden before attempting to cut into squares.