Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A popular Jamaican appetizer. Just stamp them out in the kitchen, take some for the road and go! Saltcod can be prepared the day before for a quicker cook time. These are also good served with a spicy dipping sauce.”
Ingredients [ For 4 to 6 people ] [ Preparation time : 20 minute – Cooking time : 30 minutes ]
- 400g of desalted cod meat and cooked in boiling water
- 200g flour
- 25 milk
- 1 tsp. in baking powder
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 hot pepper
- 1/2 lime
- Salt pepper
- Frying oil
- Crumble the cold flesh into a large bowl.
- Chop the onion, garlic, and parsley and chili pepper cleared of seeds, and add it all to the cod flesh.
- In another bowl, prepare the dough: pour the flour and form a well in the center.
- Gradually pour in, while mixing gently.
- When the dough is smooth, add it to the meat of cod and mix extensively.
- Sprinkle the baking powder, then press the lime.
- Mix gently by incorporating the rest of the dough.
- Book 30 min at room temperature.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer.
- Take a teaspoon of dough and dip it in oil. If she starts instantly fry, the oil has reached the right temperature (180 ° C).
- Form small donuts with 2 tbsp.
- Coffee and dip them in hot oil.
- Let them brown for a few minutes, then drain them and place them on paper towels.
- Enjoy the piping hot fritters.
Enjoy it !!