Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This Vegan Tofu Scramble is so delicious and looks just like a scramble, you won’t even realize you aren’t eating real eggs. Feel free to add any other of your favorite breakfast toppings to the mix. This recipe makes plenty to share, so invite all your friends to get on board with the vegan scramble!
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 2 14-ounce blocks extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4-6 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- Chopped avocado
- Cheddar, grated
- Green onions, sliced
- Place tofu on a plate lined with several layers of paper towels (to absorb liquid). Using a fork or potato masher, mash tofu.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in coriander and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tofu, then turmeric.
- Add beans and cook, stirring often, until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve scramble with tortillas and toppings as desired.