Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This Lasagna Recipe is so delicious I can’t believe it’s vegan! Filled with roasted vegetables and a creamy cauliflower béchamel, it’s our family’s “go to” for weeknight dinners!
Ingredients [ For 3 People ] [ Preparation time : 12 minutes – Cooking time : 45 minutes ]
- 3 x capsicum, seeded and roughly sliced.
- 2 x aubergine, thinly sliced 5mm lengthways.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- 65g spinach washed.
- 250g of gluten free lasagna pasta sheets.
- 1 large cauliflower, florets chopped.
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
- 1/4 cup of plant-based milk.
- 500g of mushrooms washed and finely diced.
- 1 tablespoon, extra virgin olive oil.
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely sliced.
- A small bunch of basil, the stalks finely diced and the leaves left aside for garnish.
- 2 x 240g can of Italian Plum Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, while preparing the ingredients.
- On two pre-lined baking trays, place the capsicum and aubergine. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously. Place in the oven and roast for 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are golden and caramelized.
- To make the Cauliflower Béchamel: Place the cauliflower florets in a medium to the large saucepan of salted boiling water and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until tender. Set Aside.
- Once tender, take 1/4 cup of the “cauliflower water” and pout it into a blender. Drain the cauliflower florets and include it to the blender with the nutmeg and plant-based milk. Blend until smooth.
- To make the Tomato Sauce: In a large saucepan over a medium-high heat, cook the diced mushrooms until the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are golden. Include the sliced garlic and basil stalks stirring until fragrant. Include the cans of Italian Plum Tomatoes and capers. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set Aside.
- Construct the Lasagna: In a 3-litre capacity baking dish, spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce on the bottom, cover with some lasagna pasta sheets, a layer of roasted vegetables, a layer of spinach and then a layer of cauliflower béchamel. Repeat for 2 or 3 times ensuring the final layer is the béchamel sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve with basil leaves and fresh a side salad.