Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This recipe for vegan bibimbap with sweet and sour sauce is a healthy spin on the classic Korean dish!
Ingredients [ For 1 to 2 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 2 cups sprouted brown rice
- 1 pack bean sprouts
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 cucumber, chopped into matchsticks
- 1 pack smoked tofu (or regular tofu)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 green onions, thinly chopped
- sesame seeds
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ Tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Mix all ingredients for pickled cabbage in a bowl. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop and prepare your veggies and set them aside on a plate or cutting board.
- Chop the tofu into cubes. Heat avocado oil in a large skillet. Add the tofu on medium-high eat. Cook on each side until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove tofu from the pan.
- On medium heat add the spinach to the pan stirring for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Season with salt if desired.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a cup.
- To assemble your bowls, place rice on the bottom, followed by the pickled cabbage, carrots, bean sprouts, cucumber, sautéed spinach, and tofu.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle sauce on top as desired.