Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This Vanilla Mousse is a European dessert with the creamy base and silky chocolate topping. An elegant vanilla mousse recipe that’s surprisingly easy. Be sure to watch the easy video recipe…
Ingredients [ For 10 to 11 people ] [ Preparation time : 2h00 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
For Chocolate Jello:
- 5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 packet (1/4 oz) unflavored gelatin
- 5 Tbsp milk (2% or whole milk)
- 1 cup cold water
For Vanilla Mousse:
- 1 cup milk (2% or whole milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 packets (1/2 oz total) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 16 oz sour cream
- 8 oz (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
Start with Chocolate Jello (so it can cool):
- In a small saucepan, whisk 5 Tbsp sugar, 5 Tbsp cocoa powder, and 1 packet gelatin.
- Whisk in 1 cup cold water and 5 Tbsp milk. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil while mixing constantly so the chocolate doesn’t lump up.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temp (about 1½ hrs).
How to Make Vanilla Mousse:
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 packets gelatin and whisk together.
- Place over medium heat and continue whisking until steamy then remove from heat and cool until just warm.
- Once the milk is no longer hot, In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat 1 cup heavy cream until fluffy and spreadable (1½ to 2 min on high speed). In a second mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar and 16 oz sour cream until well blended.
- Fold in whipped cream then while using the mixer on low speed, slowly add warm milk mixture, scraping down the bowl as needed and mix another 30 seconds to ensure it’s well blended.
- The mousse sets quickly, so immediately divide between 6 serving cups and refrigerate until mostly set (at least 30 min).
- Slowly pour 3 to 4 Tbsp chocolate sauce over each chilled mousse.
- Place 5 raspberries in a ring over the chocolate and refrigerate until fully set (about 4 to 5 hrs).