Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Skin tags refer to a tiny out poaching skin which is connected to the underlying skin. They are made of collagen fibers and blood vessels. They look like a skin that is hanging and they appear mostly at parts where clothes rub against skin or where skin-to-skin friction takes place such as neck, underarms, groins, eyelids, etc. Since skin friction is the chief cause of this problem, therefore, it is commonly found in obese people. Skin tags don’t happen at the time of birth but their chances of happening increases as one’s ages move northward. They can be seen in 25% of adults. This problem could be genetically as well. One can inherit it from his or her ancestors.
Skin tags are either brown in light skin colored people or it can be flesh-colored. They can be wrinkled, smooth and may vary in size. They could be as small as 1mm to as big as the size of a grape. A skin tag could be red or black in color if it is twisted on the blood supply. Moreover, they hurt you or may start bleeding when caught amidst clothes. They can cause real discomfort to a person. Moreover, it can affect a person’s appearance and one can begin to lose his or her confidence. The one who has them knows how annoying these tags can be while they get rubbed against clothes, jewelry or while shaving. Though it is not a problem which can have side effects if left untreated but since they affect a person in other ways, therefore, it is better to cure them. One can always seek the guidance of a dermatologist, but before one do that it is always advisable to trust home remedies.
Many people have placed reliance on apple cider vinegar to get rid of their skin tags and it has not disappointed them.
How is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Skin Tags?
- Due to its acidic nature, apple cider vinegar is an effective product to cure the problem of skin tags.
- Presence of alpha hydroxyl acid helps in removal of the tags and it doesn’t leave a scar behind.
- Vinegar proves to be a productive remedy because it does not target the tag directly but affects the tissues first, due to which skin tags are formed. Once the tissue is targeted, tags turn black and eventually detach itself from the skin.
- Also, it breaks down the excess cells present in skin tag.
- Vinegar affects the skin in such a way that the chances of returning of the tags become negligible.
- Vinegar removes the skin tags safely, quickly, and without causing any pain.
Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Skin Tags
If you have made up your mind that you will be trying your hands on vinegar, then you must keep in mind that it is used in the right direction and at the right time. You shall follow the below-given points in order to achieve effective and quick results.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin Tags
1. Use Apple Cider Vinegar Directly
- Clean the area with lukewarm water.
- Dry the area completely.
- Scratch the skin tag smoothly with a toothpick and make sure it doesn’t bleed.
- Take a cotton ball; soak it in the apple cider vinegar.
- Squeeze out the excess quantity of vinegar and apply it on the tags.
- Cover it with the help of a bandage or tape.
- Leave it as it is for 5 hours.
- Remove it, clean the tag with water and leave it to get dry.
- The above process should be done at least 3-4 times a day.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar with Tea Tree Oil
- Tree tea oil is beneficial because it doesn’t allow a supply of oxygen to skin tags and stops the blood supply in that area.
- It leads to shrinkage of the skin tag because it leaves the affected area dry.
- Take 4 drops of vinegar. Combine it with 3 drops of tea tree oil and 5 drops of fresh lemon juice.
- Dip a cotton ball in the above-made mixture.
- Apply it on the tag and cover it with a bandage or tape.
- Leave it for 2-3 hours.
- Remove it and clean it with the help of warm water.
- Repeat the procedure at least twice a day to get rid of the skin tag permanently.
In both the cases mentioned above, you will notice that tag has lost its color after first use. If you will continue to follow the above-given procedure, a tag will fall off the underlying skin on its own, without causing any pain. Acid might cause you a little burning sensation initially, but ignore it for it is normal. However, if you feel that it is irritating continuously then pays a visit a doctor.
Tips and Precautions:
- Make sure to properly clean the area with mild soap and water before using vinegar.
- Let the skin be clean and dry before using apple cider vinegar.
- Prick the tag before using vinegar because it will allow the vinegar to reach the tissues easily.
- If you feel any burning sensation, you may dilute the mixture more.
- After removing the bandage or tape, you can apply coconut oil or vitamin E oil on the affected area.
- For the skin around the skin tag, you can use coconut oil or Vaseline in order to protect it from burning sensation and any kind of irritation.
- One must keep a tab on his or her sugar level and weight because the people with diabetes and obesity have more chances of their skin coming in contact with the tags.
People who have used the vinegar to cure the problem of skin tags claim that it is an effective home remedy. The best thing about this vinegar is that it is not much invasive and worst is that it affects tags slowly and curing process takes its time.