Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
No woman wants to see cellulite on her body. This ugly subcutaneous fat affects the buttocks, thighs, and hips regardless of your age and is a big aesthetical problem which can really hurt a person’s self-esteem.
What Is Cellulite?
- Before talking about cellulite, we should take a look at the skin first. The skin has 2 layers the outer is called epidermis while the inner is known as the dermis. There are fat compartments under these layers separated by thick collagen fibers. If you don’t have cellulite, the skin has a smooth appearance as the fat cells are not full. In cases of cellulite, these cells are stuffed with fat and begin to crowd each other, which creates what we know as cellulite on the surface of the skin. We are born with a set number of cells pre-determined by our genetics.
Although cellulite affects both women and men, it is more common in women. According to experts, this occurs due to the higher body fat percentage in women, thinner skin with smaller fat compartments and the high level of estrogen and progesterone in the female body.
The main causes of cellulite
- Cellulite occurs due to pregnancy, being overweight, poor circulation and lack of physical activity. All these causes result in fat deposits in the fat compartments under the skin and destroyed collagen fibers, which leads to cellulite.
Here are the 5 best ways to get rid of cellulite:
- Eat at least 3 meals a day loaded with green veggies to keep your calorie intake low and stock up on fiber. Eliminate processed foods and sugar from your diet as they are often responsible for cellulite.
- Physical inactivity is one of the main causes of cellulite, so staying active can definitely prevent it.
- Make sure to exercise 5 times a week for 30 minutes and focus on aerobics and weight resistance training.
- This will help you stay fit and also tone your muscles. Exercising will also lower the subcutaneous fat storage and improve the blood flow to the connective tissues, effectively making them stronger.
Drink lots of water
- Water will clean your body of toxins and keep your body hydrated.
Dry skin brushing
- This method will improve your blood flow and the function of your lymphatic system. It will also eliminate toxins from your skin and soften the fat deposits in the dermis.
- Massaging the affected areas will improve the blood flow in your skin, remove toxins from that area and work towards eliminating the cellulite. Do a self-massage every time you get out from the shower with some coconut oil which has a great effect on the skin.