Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
One of the most common health complaints is definitely a migraine headache. There is no person who is not familiar with symptoms like throbbing pain, sensitivity to light, nausea, and tension in the neck because all of them applied to headaches. Although there are plenty of medicines for a headache most of them do not work and can even upset your stomach. So, how to treat migraine headaches naturally?
How To Treat Migraine Headaches Naturally!!!?
- When suffering from headaches, you will probably take Aspirin.
- Excedrin or Aleve but do they always work? Definitely not.
- In some conditions, they can even make the pain even more intense.
However, The Following Natural Remedies Will Show You How To Treat A Migraine Headache Naturally
1. Lavender Oil
- Add 8 drops of lavender oil to 6 cups of water and boil this combination.
- As it boils it will provide a soothing vapor which will soothe a tension headache as you inhale.
- Also, you can massage your temples with several drops of lavender oil.
- It is usually found in the form of extract and supplement but it can be also found in the form of tea.
- According to different studies, feverfew can treat and even prevent the onset of migraines.
3. Banana & Ice Compress
- The Mayo Clinic recommends a cold compress for migraine pain.
- All you need to do is to place a banana peel and ice on your forehead.
- The skin will absorb the potassium from banana and you will much better than before.
- It is a well-known fact that caffeine can stop your migraine pain.
- That’s why many pain-relieving medicines for headaches are based on caffeine as an active ingredient.
- Caffeine can reduce the level of inflammation that triggers a migraine.
- So, when experiencing some migraine, combine some headache medicine with caffeine and you will feel instant relief.
- It is found that this combination is 40% more effective than the painkiller alone.
- However, bear in mind that it very easy to become addicted to caffeine.
- When experiencing some recurring migraine headaches as a result of inflammation you may lack omega-3 fatty acids in your diet.
- So, consume more flaxseed oil and ground flaxseeds because they are rich in omega-3 acids.
- You can add them to your salads or as a salad dressing.
- One proven migraine remedy is butterbur or petasites. So, make sure you take 50-75 mg of butterbur in the form of a pill twice per day.
- The extract of these potent flowers will stimulate proper blood flow to the brain.
7. Basil Oil
- Basil oil is a potent muscle relaxant which can relieve headaches resulting from muscle tension and pain.
- Also, you can use basil oil as a substitute for olive oil in cooking to prevent migraine pain and relax your muscles.
- Buckwheat is loaded with rutin, a flavonoid which can reduce inflammation, the major reason for migraine headaches.
- It is not only healthy but it is very easy to prepare.
- According to a 2014 study, ginger root powder has nearly similar benefits as the commonly prescribed migraine drugs.
- In fact, it’s the anti-inflammatory properties in ginger that keep migraines at bay.
- Along with these natural remedies, you can make some other lifestyle changes that will significantly reduce the migraines.
- So, make some changes in your diet, be more relaxed and practice yoga to reduce stress and tension.
- All in all, tend to practice more natural methods of treating migraine headaches rather than reaching some prescribed medications.