Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cheddar & Parmesan Potatoes Au Gratin. The perfect side dish with any meal! They are super easy to make & so cheesy…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 9 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 6 medium red potatoes, sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour, and cook 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Slowly add the milk and cream, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Cook an additional 5-6 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt and pepper and one cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Layer one-third of the potato slices as evenly as possible in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour one-third of the sauce over the potatoes and spread to cover.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the parmesan cheese and ⅓ of the remaining cheddar cheese over the top. Repeat the layers twice more.
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling on top.
- Let cool 15-20 minutes before serving.