Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Here is the recipe of the famous red velvet cake, this American classic of a beautiful red color that will be of the most beautiful effect on a festive table. For a finishing in the art, garnish with cheese spread…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 10 people ] [ Preparation time : 20 minute – Cooking time : 30 minutes ]
- 1 cuillère à café d’extrait de vanille
- 22,5 cl de babeurre (ou de lait ribot)
- 1 cuillère à soupe de colorant alimentaire rouge en gel (de la marque Wilton™ par exemple)
- 1 cuillère à café de bicarbonate de soudium alimentaire
- 1 cuillère à café de vinaigre
- 280 g de farine
- 2 cuillères à soupe de cacao amer en poudre
- 1 cuillère à café de sel
- 110 g de beurre à température ambiante
- 250 g de sucre en poudre
- 2 œufs
How to Make Your Own Buttermilk
- Buttermilk, or ribot milk, or fermented bed, is a key ingredient in US receipts.
- One finds indeed “buttermilk” in recipes of muffins, cakes, like red velvet, or pancakes.
- If you do not have one in your refrigerator, you do not have to run to the supermarket.
- It is very easy to do it at home.
- For this, mix 22.5 cl of milk with 1.5 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- The milk will start to “turn”, which is normal … Mix before using.
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C (thermostat 6) and grease two missed molds 23 cm in diameter.
- Cover the bottom of the molds with greaseproof paper.
- Mix flour, bitter cocoa, and salt in a bowl. Book.
- In a large salad bowl, work the cream butter with an electric mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar in two portions, whisking well after each addition.
- Then add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the rest of the apparatus, whisking well after each new addition. The device should be thick.
- Finally, add the buttermilk and the food coloring and beat until homogeneous.
- When proceeding quickly, mix the bicarbonate and vinegar in a ramekin and stir in the ready-made dough. Spread the appliance between the two molds and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake and cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Test the cooking by inserting the blade of a knife in the center of the cake: it must come out clean.
- Let stand for a few minutes in the mold and then unmold on a rack and let cool completely.
- Once the cakes have cooled, place them on a serving dish and cover them with your favorite topping (we recommend, for example, a cheese spread, the traditional accompaniment of velvet cake, or a cream with butter or vanilla). Place the second cake on top and, if desired, cover the top and sides of the cake with topping.
Enjoy it !!