Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
“I have used this recipe for 30 years. My husband loves it and he is picky.”
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce, (e.g. Heinz 57)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup steak sauce, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Combine milk and soft bread crumbs in a small bowl and allow to soften about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, 3 tablespoons steak sauce, chopped onion, and green bell pepper.
- Add breadcrumb mixture, and mix with your hands until all ingredients are combined.
- Pat the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Brush the top with additional steak sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until done. Allow standing 5 minutes before slicing.