Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Perfectly seared and pan-fried salmon cooked in a teriyaki sauce and served with steamed zucchini ribbons and broccoli. The ultimate healthy, low carb meal full of everything ‘good-for-you,’ meal in minutes! No marinading needed. Crispy on the outside and full of amazing, sweet and salty teriyaki flavor.
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup cooking Sake
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (can leave this out if you wish, but it adds a nice flavor)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Japanese rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar as a substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 x 170g | 6oz skinless Atlantic salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon sesame, peanut or canola oil
- 1 shallot/green onion stem, sliced to garnish
- 2 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 1 large zucchini/courgette ribbons (use a vegetable peeler to do this), lightly steamed
Combine Soy Sauce, Sake, Mirin, brown sugar, vinegar and garlic powder together in a bowl. Mix until sugar has dissolved. Pour half of the marinade into a small saucepan and set aside.
Rinse and pat dry salmon with a paper towel. Place the salmon fillets into the bowl with the teriyaki glaze and allow to coat for 2 minutes each side.
Heat oil in a nonstick pan/skillet over medium-high heat. Fry two salmon fillets at a time, and any remaining glaze from the bowl. Fry for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked to your liking.
Bring the glaze in the saucepan to the boil over high heat. Lower heat and gently simmer while string occasionally, until glaze reduces and thickens. (Add a little extra warm water only if needed).
Serve salmon over steamed vegetables and pour teriyaki glaze over the top