Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Try this delicious, moist, soft bread… you won’t be disappointed…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 35 minute – Cooking time : 1h 20 minutes ]
- 1 package dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked, mashed
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 cup milk, scald the milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, fine
- ½ cup sugar, white
- 4½ cups flour sifted
- Place the yeast in a large bowl, add the lukewarm water, stir together until the yeast dissolves. Set aside until required.
- In a bowl mix the mashed sweet potatoes, melted butter, milk, salt, and sugar together, and stir until light and fluffy.
- Now add this to the yeast mixture, mixing well.
- Slowly stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Transfer to a greased bowl and cover with a clean tea towel. Let stand in a warm place until doubled in bulk. (about 1 hour)
- Now shape into 3 loaves and place in greased pans (9x5x3) and let rise till the dough hits the top of the pans.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.