Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A local winery restaurant serves a stuffed eggplant appetizer that is so delicious. While trying to duplicate it at home, I found this to be one of our favorite eggplant dinners…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 50 minutes ]
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Brush cut sides of eggplant with olive oil and place, cut-side up onto a baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven for 30 minutes, then remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, brown the Italian sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat; drain off the grease.
- Place into a mixing bowl, and season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Stir in bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, and the beaten egg; mix well.
- Once the roasted eggplant has cooled enough to handle, scoop out the flesh to within 1/2-inch of the skin to create a shell.
- Roughly chop the eggplant meat, and fold into the sausage mixture.
- Divide evenly among the two eggplant shells, and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until the filling has set, and the cheese is bubbly and golden-brown about 30 minutes.
- While the eggplant is baking, warm the remaining spaghetti sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat to serve with the eggplant.