Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
These baked cheesy rice stuffed chicken thighs are so flavorful, tender and frankly just a great chicken recipe. These reheat really well the next day…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 9 people ] [ Preparation time : 25 minute – Cooking time : 45 minutes ]
- 1 cup dry jasmine rice (un-rinsed)
- 1¾ cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus more to drizzle chicken
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 medium carrots, grated on the large holes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 4 oz medium cheddar cheese, grated on large holes
- salt and black pepper
- 6 to 8 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment or Silpat. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
How to Make Rice Stuffed Chicken Thighs
- Start by cooking rice: In a medium saucepan, bring 1¾ cups water to a boil.
- Add ½ tsp salt and 1 cup rice. Reduce heat to simmer, cover with tight-fitting lid and simmer 15 min or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and keep covered.
- While rice is cooking, place large sauté pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add grated carrots and diced onion, season with ½ tsp salt and sauté 8-9 min or until soft and golden.
- Stir grated cheese into the hot rice then stir in the sautéed carrots & onions. Set aside to cool slightly while prepping the chicken.
- Trim chicken of excess fat and arrange on cutting board between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
- Pound chicken until about ⅛ thick. Season both sides of thighs lightly with salt and pepper.
- Lay thighs smooth-side down. Make a ball of rice with your hands and place over chicken thighs.
- Wrap meat around rice and secure each thigh with 2 toothpicks.
- Place cauliflower on baking sheet, drizzle lightly with olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
- Push cauliflower to borders on the baking sheet.
- Place stuffed chicken thighs in the center of the baking dish, drizzle chicken lightly with olive oil and bake in the center of the oven at 350˚F for 45 minutes.