Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
In this dish, zucchini is stuffed with the twin stars of Calabrian cheese making: pecorino and ricotta. Flecked with tomato and mint,
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 20 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 4 large zucchini
- 150g long grain rice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 375g minced lamb (or beef)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 250g of tomato puree
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190 ° C (thermostat 6/7).
- Splitting into two courgettes and scoop out with a spoon, leaving a 1 cm thick shell.
- Chop the flesh and reserve.
- Place zucchini in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes until they are tender by pricking with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a pot of boiling water lightly salted for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, egg, mint and pepper.
- Fry the lamb over medium heat for 5 minutes without letting it brown too.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook 5 minutes until onion is tender.
- Pour the tomato puree, zucchini flesh, and rosemary.
- Bring to boil and let reduce over low heat.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Garnish with zucchini stuffing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the zucchini stuffed crisp and golden on top.
- Serve immediately.