Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A strawberry sweet bread with a hint of orange coated in a sweet strawberry glaze and orange zest…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 2 cups strawberries separated and stems removed
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon white sugar separated
- 1 and 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon white flour separated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest separated
- 1/4 cup strawberries stems removed
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature not melted
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional garnish: sliced strawberries
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a dark bread pan with cooking spray and then lightly coat with flour. (If using a lighter pan or glass pan, preheat the oven to 350 degrees)
In a blender or food processor, combine 1 cup strawberries with 1 tablespoon white sugar. Pulse until mostly liquid, but small chunks can still remain.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Stir together.
In another bowl, beat together the remaining 3/4 cup white sugar with the vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and orange juice. Beat in the pureed strawberries.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, but do not over-mix.
Prepare the last cup of strawberries by cutting them into small chunks. Lightly stir the strawberries with 1 tablespoon flour.
Lightly stir the strawberry chunks in with the rest of the mixture.
Pour the mixture into a bread pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
Puree the strawberries. Beat the pureed strawberries, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
(Make sure the cream cheese is completely at room temperature or it won’t mix well and you might get chunks.)
Pour over the mostly cooled bread and then sprinkle remaining one teaspoon orange zest over the glaze.
Optionally garnish with extra sliced strawberries.