Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Who needs crab and a deep fryer to enjoy these tasty delights? Tuna works great and a light pan searing does the job of cooking up this tasty treat without all the fat! Serve with hot sauce or mayonnaise…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 (3 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs, or as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the potato into a small pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two, then mash the potato with a potato masher or fork in a large bowl.
- Mix the tuna, egg, onion, Dijon mustard, bread crumbs, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper into the mashed potato until well-blended. Divide the tuna mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pan fry the tuna patties until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes on each side.