Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Every bite of this Spicy Sausage Asparagus Quiche is a pure comfort. The asparagus and herbs balance the dish making it fresh and bright. Sauce enlivens the flavors of this classic brunch recipe and Smithfield Fresh Breakfast Sausage makes this quiche next-level delicious….
Ingredients [ For 8 to 9 people ] [ Preparation time : 18 minute – Cooking time : 80 minutes ]
- 1½ lbs (or 5 medium) russet potatoes
- 12 oz Smithfield Fresh Breakfast Sausage, Hometown Original
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 6 large eggs, divided
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese blend
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tsp TABASCO® Sauce
- 1½ tsp sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp black pepper, divided
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz asparagus, ends removed and cut into thirds
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Generously butter a 9″ pie dish.
How To Make Sausage Asparagus Quiche
- Peel and grate potatoes and squeeze out excess moisture with your hands then squeeze dry with 2 paper towels.
- Transfer dried potatoes to mixing bowl and add 1 egg, 1 tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper.
- Quickly stir together until well combined then press into the buttered pie dish, molding the potatoes evenly over the bottom and all the way up the sides of the dish. Bake right away uncovered at 425˚F for 30 min.
- Remove from oven and decrease temperature to 350˚F.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium/high heat, add Smithfield Fresh Breakfast Sausage and sauté just until cooked through (5 mins).
- Add diced onion and sauté 5 min or until golden and sausage is starting to brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool while making egg mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 5 eggs, 1½ cups half and the half, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, ¼ tsp garlic powder, and 2 tsp Sauce then whisk together until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese, 2 Tbsp parsley, 1 Tbsp dill and the cooked sausage mixture.
- Pour mixture over prepared potato crust.
- Arrange sliced asparagus pieces over the top and bake uncovered at 350˚F for 55 to 60 minutes or until the center is set and no longer wobbles when you give the pan a jolt.