Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Awesome and flexible slow cooker Thai dish that is perfect for the busy family, couple or single person. Prep the night before or the morning of. Cook for 6, 8, or 10 hours. This recipe is as tasty as it is forgiving…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 2 pounds lean stew beef
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (13.5 ounces) can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain excess grease. Transfer beef to a 4-quart slow cooker and sprinkle with salt.
- Combine onion and garlic in the same skillet over medium-high heat; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add to beef in the slow cooker.
- Stir coconut milk, beef broth, red curry paste, lime juice, peanut oil, jalapeno chile peppers, and brown sugar into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low until flavors combine 6 to 10 hours.
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir spinach into the slow cooker and cook until wilted, about 15 minutes.
- Serve beef mixture over rice and garnish with basil leaves.