Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You’ll make this slow cooker lasagna again and again! So saucy and cheesy! An easy make-ahead crockpot lasagna – the noodles cook right in the crockpot…
Ingredients [ For 10 to 11 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
For Slow Cooker Lasagna:
- 1 lb ground beef (I used 20% fat)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ cup red wine, any kind (or beef broth)
- 32 oz (4 cups) marinara pasta sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 9 regular uncooked lasagna noodles (NOT “oven ready”)
- 15 oz reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 16 oz low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb (4 cups) mozzarella cheese, grated, divided
- ½ cup water
- In a large deep pan over medium heat, combine ground beef and onion.
- Cook, breaking up meat with a spatula until no longer pink (5 min).
- Add garlic and sauté 1 to 2 mins.
- Add ¼ cup red wine and simmer until nearly evaporated (5 min).
- Add 3 cups marinara, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp thyme, ½ tsp sugar and 2 Tbsp chopped parsley.
- Mix well, cover and simmer 5 min while you stir together cheese sauce:
- In a medium bowl, combine 15 oz ricotta, 16 oz cottage cheese (un-drained), 1 large egg, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 2 Tbsp parsley. Mix well.
- Lightly oil slow cooker. Spread 1 cup marinara sauce on the bottom then top with 3 noodles, breaking them to fit.
- Top with ⅓ of the Meat Sauce, sprinkle with ¼ of your mozzarella cheese, then spread the top with ½ of your ricotta cheese mixture and repeat until you have 3 layers of noodles.
- Top the third layer of noodles with remaining meat sauce, ½ cup mozzarella and pour ½ cup water around the edges, allowing some of it to go down the side of the dish into the lasagna.
- Cover and cook on LOW* 3½ to 4 hours (you can use a paper towel to soak up any excess oil that rises to the top if desired) then top with reserved mozzarella, cover and cook 10 mins or until cheese melts. Let the lasagna rest 15 mins before serving for easier serving.