Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This slow cooker beef brisket is fall-apart tender, so juicy and flavorful. Slow Cooked beef brisket is easy and gets rave reviews every time! Perfect with mashed potatoes or as beef brisket sandwiches…..
Ingredients [ For 12 to 14 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 9h20 minutes ]
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil to sauté, divided
- 4 lb beef brisket
- 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 2 medium (1 lb) yellow onions, sliced into thick strips
- 1 lb mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 6 medium garlic cloves, peeled and chopped (not pressed)*
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth/stock
- 2½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Generously season brisket with about 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper.
- Heat large heavy skillet or cast iron pan over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp oil and when hot, add brisket (fat side down).
- Sear 4-5 min per side or until browned on both sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker, fat side facing up.
- In the same pan, add 1 Tbsp oil and sliced onions. Sautee 5-7 min or until onions are caramelized.
- Place onions over brisket. In the same pan, add more oil as needed and saute mushrooms until soft (5 min).
- Place mushrooms in the slow cooker and sprinkle chopped garlic over the top.
- Combine 2 cups chicken broth with 2½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce and pour mixture over meat.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hrs or until cooked through and easy to pull apart with forks.
- Turn off slow cooker and rest 15 min with the lid on.
- Remove and discard excess fat from the top then pull the beef apart with forks and keep it in the slow cooker to soak up the juices which will add amazing flavor and keep the meat tender.
- Serve beef brisket and mushrooms, spooning slow cooker juices over the top.