Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Skillet Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie is such a classic comfort food that is perfect for busy nights. This hearty meal is easy to make and will please the entire family…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 6 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (12 ounces) McCormick Simply Better Beef Gravy
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large pot of water add sweet potatoes and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain the water. Mash with the butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium-sized skillet add the ground beef and onion.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Cook and crumble the beef until no longer pink and onions are tender.
- Drain the grease. Add frozen vegetables and beef gravy. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Spoon the mashed sweet potatoes on top of the mixture. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until heated throughout.
- Broil the top of the potatoes for 2-3 minutes until it has browned.