Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This panko-and-sesame crusted seared tuna on a bed of arugula and spinach, all topped with a wasabi butter sauce, takes Japanese food to whole new level
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs (or gluten free panko)
- 3 tablespoons black and white sesame seeds
- 4 (5-ounce) raw ahi or yellowfin tuna steaks (I used Trader Joes frozen ahi tuna steaks)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Canola oil or cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- ¼ cup white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 cups fresh baby arugula
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Sliced radish, for garnish (optional)
- Sliced cucumber, for garnish (optional)
- Mix panko and sesame seeds on a large plate or shallow bowl.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently press both sides of each tuna steak into the crumb mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and spray with oil.
- Add 2 steaks, spray each with oil and allow them to cook 2-3 minutes, or until the outer edge becomes opaque. Flip each steak, spray the second side with oil and cook an additional 2 minutes, or until the outer edge is opaque. Repeat with remaining 2 steaks.
- Set all 4 steaks on a cutting board and allow them to rest and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce and wasabi paste. Set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, add shallots and wine. Simmer until reduced by half, 2-3 minutes. Add the milk and whisk constantly until the sauce no longer looks separated and has slightly thickened (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat and whisk in soy and wasabi paste mixture. Add butter and whisk to combine.
- Distribute arugula and spinach evenly among 4 shallow bowls. Thinly slice the tuna and top each bed of lettuce with 1 tuna steak. Drizzle each with about 1 ½ tablespoons of sauce.
Enjoy it !!
Smart Points: 8
Points +: 8
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 4.5g