Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
How we sleep in what position and what the quality of our sleep is has a huge impact on that how our overall health is.
Every one of us wants to sleep good and without having problems. so if you have problems like this be sure to read along:
- Shoulder Pain: Avoid sleeping on the side, particularly on the affected shoulder if you tend to experience shoulder pain.
Since it causes the incorrect position of the shoulders, it is not recommended to sleep on the stomach. If you do not want to experience shoulder pain again, it is best to sleep on the back with a thin pillow placed under the head.
Put another pillow on the stomach and hug it in order to keep the shoulders in a stable position. Consider lying on the side that is not affected if the sleeping on the back does not work for you. Put a pillow between the knees and bring the legs towards the chest.
- Back Pain: The most important thing you need to do when you are experiencing back pain is to keep the normal curves of the spine. The best position for fixing back pain is sleeping on the back with a pillow placed under the knees.
This position will be able to restore the natural spine curves. Place a pillow under the abdomen and pelvis in order to prevent the back from moving forward if you prefer sleeping on the stomach.
Take a fetal position if you are a side sleeper. Keep the back naturally arched and bring the legs towards the chest.
- Neck Pain: Sleeping on the back with a pillow placed under the head and another under the arms is the best option in case of neck pain.
You should use roll or orthopedic pillows if you often experience neck pain. Make sure that the pillow is not too high if you are a side sleeper.
In order to keep the neck in the proper position, its heights should match the weight of the shoulder. Use a thin pillow if you prefer sleeping on the stomach.
Since it will strain the neck, it is not recommended to sleep on the stomach.
- Troubles with sleeping: Our sleep-wake cycle is interrupted by the light emitted from phones and computers. Before going to sleep turn everything off. Six ours before going to sleep avoid drinking coffee, black tea, chocolate, and soda.
In order to improve the body circulation and fall asleep easier, you need to exercise in the morning and afternoon.
- Cannot Stay Asleep: Consider avoiding the use of gadgets before going to sleep and avoid alcohol consumption before bedtime if you tend to wake up often in the middle of the night. The room temperature should be
- Cannot wake up: This is one of the most difficult problems to solve. However, by making a routine you will be able to solve this problem.
The only thing you have to do is to set the alarm for the same time every day. You need to practice this even on weekends.If you want to wake up early, you will have to sleep early in the evening.
- Snoring: Avoid sleeping on the back if you tend to snore. When you are in this position the throat tissues sag and narrow the airway.
If your head is in a natural position nothing will disrupt the airflow. That is the reason why you need to sleep on the side instead.
- Leg Cramps: Leg cramps are felt as sudden spasms or tightening of the muscles in thighs, calf, and feet. Nerve damage, disease or mineral deficiency are related with nocturnal leg cramps.
If you stretch the muscles by massaging the legs or doing yoga before bedtime, you will fix the leg cramps easily.