Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
They serve pork medallions with a delicious sauce with port and redcurrant. Excellent with rice pilaf, and perfect for Christmas.
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 10 minutes ]
- 50 g dried currants
- 22 ml water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 450g pork medallions
- Salt and pepper
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Heat currants in a small saucepan over medium heat to low.
- Add 22 ml water, stirring, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Drain and set aside currants. Also, keep the juice.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Salt and pepper the pork medallions and let them brown in oil until no longer pink, about 3 minutes per side.
- Put pork on a serving platter, cover and keep warm.
- In the same pan, fry the shallots for 30 seconds.
- Pour the port wine and vinegar to the pan and bring to boil.
- Stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to flavor the sauce.
- Boil until liquid is reduced by half, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add broth, thyme and gooseberry juice. Bring to the boil and reduce by half, 5-7 minutes.
- In a bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in a tablespoon of water.
- Add the mixture to the sauce, stirring and simmer until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Stir in currants, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the pork and serve.
Enjoy it !!