Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
These salmon cakes are crisp on the outside with flavorful bites of flaked salmon and they always disappear fast! Make sure to serve with our homemade tartar sauce…
Ingredients [ For 10 to 11 people ] [ Preparation time : 25 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 lb fresh salmon filet*
- Garlic Salt – I use Lawry’s brand
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion (1 cup finely diced)
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs (Japanese Style crumbs)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat.
- Place salmon skin-side down, brush with olive oil and season with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 10-15 min or just until cooked through (my thinner cut salmon was closer to 10 min).
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and rest ten minutes.
- Discard skin, flake salmon with forks, remove any bones, and cool to room temp.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp butter and finely diced onion and bell pepper.
- Saute until softened and golden (7-9 minutes) then remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooled flaked salmon, sautéed onion and pepper, 1 cup bread crumbs, 2 beaten eggs, 3 Tbsp mayo, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp garlic salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, and ¼ cup fresh parsley.
- Stir to combine then form into 13-14 patties.
- It’s easy to portion patties using a flat ice cream scoop then pressing them into ⅓ to ½” thick patties.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter in a large pan over medium heat and once butter is done sizzling, add half of the salmon cakes and sauté 3½ to 4 min per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- If salmon cakes brown too quickly, reduce heat.
- Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter and repeat cooking remaining salmon cakes.