Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This roasted veggie and egg recipe is delicious any time of day and is a great way to make use of whatever’s leftover in your crisper.
For The Roasted Veggies
- 1/2 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 small heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
For The Fried Egg
- Canola oil spray
- 1 egg
- Pinch of paprika, optional
- Dash of hot sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower and broccoli florets in extra-virgin olive oil. Then add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and mix well.
- Spread out your veggies on a baking sheet, and give all the florets a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, occasionally shaking the pan.
- Once your veggies have roasted for 10 to 12 minutes, heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, and give it a good spray of canola oil. Crack your egg in the skillet, and cook for about three minutes until the yolk is slightly set.
- Remove your veggies from the oven, and slide them into a shallow plate or bowl.
- Flip your egg, and cook for an additional 30 seconds to a minute. Keep the cook time shorter if you like a runny egg!
- Carefully slide your cooked egg on top of your veggies, sprinkle with paprika, and eat up.
Enjoy it !!