Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A capon, who weighs a good eight or nine pounds, is a young male chicken that has been neutered.
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 30 minute – Cooking time : 1h30minutes ]
- 1 capon of 3 kg
- 12 small buns with head
- 500 g of frozen wild mushrooms (Picard)
- 1 bouquet of tarragon
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic cloves
- 25 cl of thick cream
- 70 g butter
- salt pepper
- Preheat oven the. 6 (180 ° C). Salt and pepper the cap on. Put it in a baking dish, sprinkle 30 g of butter in plots and bake 2 hours 30 minutes, often watering it with its juice (add a little water if necessary).
- Peel and chop the shallots and garlic. Heat the remaining butter in a sauté pan and heat the shallots and garlic. Add the mushrooms and let them make their water on high heat, salt, pepper. Add finely chopped tarragon and cream. Let reduce to obtain a creamy sauce.
- Cut out the heads of the buns, dig the inside and garnish them with the mushroom mixture. Collect the juice and cooking juices from the capon in a small saucepan, pour a little water and boil for 5 min.
- Introduce the cap on surrounded by topped buns, small vegetables (see Recipe in addition) and serve the cooking juices separately.
Enjoy it !!