Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Using a salt rub on your bird will act like a brine and make it extra succulent – this festive roast is permeated with citrus, thyme, and sherry
Ingredients [ For 6 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 55 minute – Cooking time : 1h25 minutes ]
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 375 g (3/4 lb.) ground pork
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh bread crumbs, cubed
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) freshly squeezed clementine juice
- 1 turkey breast roast 1.8 kg (4 lb.) with or without the skin and without the fillets, not tied (two half-breasts)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 675 ml (2 1/2 cups) chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Butcher’s string
- 10 ml (2 tsp) cornstarch
- 10 mL (2 tsp) water
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) sugar
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 2 French shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) of clementine juice
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) of Muscat wine (ex: Samos)
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) chicken broth
- The grated zest of 2 clementines
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter, cubed
- In a frying pan, soften the pepper, onion, and garlic in the butter.
- Add the meat and sauté for about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper.
- Add bread and clementine juice. Continue cooking almost dry, stirring frequently.
- Adjust seasoning. Let cool. Cover and refrigerate.
- The stuffing must be tempered or cold before stuffing the turkey breast.
- Place the rack in the bottom of the oven. Preheat oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F).
- Unfold the turkey roast and open it flat, skin down.
- Put strings under the meat, making them protrude on each side.
- Salt and pepper. Spread the mixture of meat in the center of the breasts.
- Close the roast and tie. Cut the excess strings.
- In a large frying pan or large baking pan, brown the turkey roast on all sides in oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- Add the broth to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the stuffing indicates 74 ° C (165 ° F).
- When cooking, cover the roast with foil, if necessary (to prevent it from becoming too brown).
- In a bowl, dissolve the starch in water. Book.
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil the sugar, the lemon juice, the shallots and the garlic.
- Continue cooking until the syrup begins to caramelize.
- Add clementine juice, muscat wine, broth and clementine peel.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by half. Add the starch mixture and the butter whisking.
- Simmer for 1 minute. Salt and pepper.
- Slice the roast by removing the string as you go.
- Place the slices on a serving dish. Serve with clementine sauce and mashed potatoes.
Enjoy it !!