Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
About this recipe => A quick and easy fruit cake for tea time. Best eaten fresh.
Ingredients [ For 9 to 12 people ] [ Preparation time : 30 minute – Cooking time : 45 minutes ]
Mix Of Fruits & Nuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) demi-pecans
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) unbleached almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted pistachios
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) raisins to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried white figs, cut into 6
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried apricots and cut into 6
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried prunes, pitted and cut into 4
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) of baking soda
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F). Butter a 19 x 9 cm (7.5 x 3.5 inch) bread pan or a 20 x 10 cm (8 x 4 inch) pan.
- Line with parchment paper, leaving it on two sides.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Book.
- In another bowl, cream butter with brown sugar with electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until the mixture is smooth.
- At low speed, incorporate dry ingredients and marsala.
- Using a spatula, incorporate the fruit and nut mixture into the dough.
- Spread into the pan and bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool. Unmold and cool on a rack.
- Slice the cake finely and accompany cheeses of choice (cheddar, goat, some, county, and gruyere, etc).
Mix f Fruits & Nuts
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Enjoy it !!