Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Pumpkin Pudding Cake an easy dessert perfect for fall gatherings and Thanksgiving. It’s like a cross between a molten lava cake and pumpkin pie. Full of warm and cozy spices with a delicious sauce that forms beneath the cake….
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose (white whole wheat flour works wonderfully too) (measured correctly – spoon and sweep method)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk (I used almond) + 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2/3 cup canned pure pumpkin or pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups very hot or boiling water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Feel free to add some chopped pecans if you like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the sides of a baking pan (8×8 square, 9″ pie pan or a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish) with coconut oil, melted butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar (to remove any lumps), baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Whisk until combined.
- Add milk, pumpkin and melted butter and using a wooden spoon, mix until smooth.
- Spread batter into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the batter. Carefully pour hot water to dissolve the sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 32-39 minutes or until batter sets up and toothpick comes out clean (but you’ll still see molten pudding bubbling at the sides)
- Serve warm, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over cake and with a scoop of ice cream (vegan), if desired.