Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting is super moist, filled with spices, and perfect for fall…
Ingredients [ For 12 to 14 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup vegetable oil (canola works too)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 – 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, if needed.
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Grease & lightly flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate large bowl beat together the oil, sugars. vanilla and eggs using an electric mixer. Then beat in the sour cream and pumpkin puree.
- With the mixer on low speed, carefully beat in the flour mixture being careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until soft. Then slowly beat in 3 cups powdered sugar.
- If the frosting seems too thin, beat in an extra ½ cup powdered sugar. If it seems too thick, beat in 1 tablespoon heavy cream.
- Frost the cooled cake using a flat knife. Cut into slices, and optionally top each piece with chopped walnuts.