Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Million-Dollar Question – Why Listerine?
Usually, people use Listerine only as a mouthwash, however, the real fact is that the inventors of Listerine had much more in mind. Listerine was formulated in 1879 and originally it was developed as a surgical antiseptic and has been used for all sorts of things. Moreover, Listerine wasn’t marketed for bad breath until the 1970s. The reason why Listerine can be used in so many creative ways is for the reason that it contains helpful ingredients such as thyme, eucalyptus, and alcohol.
Rub It Under Your Arms
- In case you ever find yourself in a situation without deodorant, you shouldn’t panic, we have the perfect solution for you.
- You just need to pour some Listerine onto a cotton ball and gently dab it under your arms.
- Listerine is going to help you fight underarm odors whenever you are in a pinch.
Soak Your Feet in It
- If you are dealing with toenail fungus, once again Listerine is the perfect solution.
- You just need to make yourself a Listerine foot bath and allow your toes to soak for about 30 minutes.
- You can also add a little bit of white vinegar for very bad cases.
Pour It Down the Toilet
Listerine can also deodorize and clean your bowl, you just need to pour a little bit in and use a toilet brush to give things a light scrub. Besides cleaning the toilet, it’s also going to also give it a great shine and a nice smell.
Dab It On Your Itches
You are going to be shocked when we tell you that dabbing Listerine on those itchy bug bites can give you the much-needed relief. The experts highly recommend using it for itchy reactions to poison oak or poison ivy!
- Wet Your Hair with ItIn the past, Listerine was also marketed as a way to get rid of dandruff. If you want to try it, you simply need to massage some Listerine into your scalp, wrap your hair in a towel, and wash it out after you have allowed it to do its work!
- Rub It On Your Dog
Instead of using harsh chemicals such as flea sprays and products for your pet, you can try using some Listerine. Note: you can mix Listerine with shampoo in the bath or dilute it with water! Or, you can also use it as a spray.
Put It On Your Face
In case you are struggling with acne, you have already tried everything on the market, you can try with Listerine and we guarantee you that you will be very satisfied with the results. You only need to apply a little bit of Listerine in the morning and before going to bed.
Stick Your Toothbrush in It
We all know that Listerine is used to fight the germs in your mouth. However, if you didn’t know, it can also take care of the yucky germs on the toothbrush. All you need to do is to fill a glass with a little bit of the mouthwash and let the toothbrush soak. A couple of hours will be more than enough to do the trick!
Spray It On Your Screen
Although it sounds crazy and unbelievable, you can use Listerine for cleaning your computer or television screen. Take a cloth and spray a bit of Listerine on it and you can use it to wipe away fingerprints and the unwanted gunk. An added bonus is going to be the minty smell, as opposed to the “chemical smell” often accompanying normal cleaning products.
Toss It in The Trash
We all know that the garbage in the kitchen can smell terrible, so if you want to prevent that, before putting garbage in the bag, put one Listerine-soaked paper towel in the very bottom. This is going to keep things smelling fresh and minty!