Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ponchos are hot dogs wrapped in quesadillas. Your family will love this meal and your kids will think the novelty of having the hot dogs wrapped in the tortillas is super fun. We grilled ours with a George Foreman Grill, but you can use a BBQ, frying pan, or set them under the broiler in the oven. If you’re looking for something different to make for dinner tonight, then you need to give this delicious recipe a try…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 6 good-quality hot dogs
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
- 1 large poblano chile pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups homemade or store-bought salsa
- 1/2 – 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat an outdoor grill, indoor griddle or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Parboil the hot dogs for a few minutes to heat through.
- Grill the poblano (or cook over an open flame on the stovetop or under the broiler) until evenly charred.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and let cool, then peel and slice.
- Make the ponchos: Top each of 4 tortillas with a thin layer of salsa, chipotle sour cream, a few slices of poblano and lots of cheese, then cover each with another tortilla. To make the chipotle sour cream, mix together the sour cream and chipotle powder in a small bowl.
- Spread the top tortilla with some beans and set a dog at one end.
- Wrap and roll up the tortilla stack around the dog; repeat with the remaining ingredients. Grill the tortilla-wrapped hot dogs on the grill for a few minutes to brown and crisp the tortillas.