Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Filet mignon is the most tender cut of steak you can buy, and doesn’t require fancy seasonings – coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper is all you need for a delicious steak that’s pan seared then finished in the oven and cooked to perfection!
Ingredients [ For 1 to 2 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 2 (6 oz) beef tenderloin filet mignon steaks, trimmed of fat
- olive oil cooking spray (I used my mister)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Let the steaks rest on the counter to come up to room temperature at least 30 minutes before ready to cook
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray the steak lightly all over with olive oil, then season both sides generously with kosher salt and black pepper.
- When the oven is ready, heat the skillet over high heat until the pan is very hot.
- When hot, add the steaks and cook, without moving for 2 1/2 minutes. Turn over and cook an additional 2 to 2-1/2 minutes.
- Sear the sides of the steaks for about 1 minute so it’s browned all over.
- Place the steaks in the oven for about 4 to 5 minutes, then check them with the meat thermometer inserted into the side of the steak.
- Remove when the steaks read 125° F for Medium Rare or 130° F for medium.
- Let them rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving (meat temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after it is removed from the oven).
Enjoy it !!