Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
I’ve always been creative when it comes to pasta. My favorite recipes are those with shrimp. It just goes perfectly with the pasta. Check out this peppered shrimp alfredo and let me know what you think….
Ingredients [ For 4 to 6 people ] [ Preparation time : 25 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 12 ounces of penne pasta.
- ¼ cup of butter.
- 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 diced onion.
- 2 minced cloves of garlic.
- 1 diced red bell pepper.
- ½ pound of diced portobello mushrooms.
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined medium shrimp.
- 1 (15 ounces) jar of alfredo sauce.
- ½ cup of grated romano cheese.
- ½ cup of cream.
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Salt and pepper.
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling lightly salted water for 8 to 10 minutes and drain.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and olive oil together over medium heat and sauté the onion for 2 minutes.
- Add in garlic, red pepper and mushroom, mix to combine and cook for 2 minutes or more.
- Mix in the shrimp and cook until firm and pink.
- Add the alfredo sauce, romano cheese, and cream and simmer for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add some cayenne, salt, and pepper to taste and add the pasta to the sauce.
- Mix to combine and serve with some parsley on top.
- Simple, easy and cheesy! The shrimp, the mushrooms, the sauce, and cheese add an extraordinary taste to this pasta.
- Give it a shot, you will be amazed.