Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Easy oven baked creamy green chile chicken and rice. Juicy chicken over a bed of rice, with an amazing green chile cream sauce….
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 40 minutes ]
- 1 (7-ounce) can fire roasted green chiles
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Place the chiles in a food processor with the stock, onions, garlic, cumin, oregano, coriander, salt, and pepper; purée.
- In a saucepot over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in flour. Add milk and yogurt, and raise the heat a bit.
- Add the chile puree and simmer to thicken the sauce, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- While the sauce is cooking, place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and brown 3 to 4 minutes on each side then remove from the heat.
- Add the rice, 2 cups hot water, and 2 cups of the poblano sauce to a casserole dish and stir to combine well.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top of the rice and spoon the remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, top with cheese, and bake 10 more minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.