Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A one-pan dinner, chock full of flavor thanks to the chorizo! The active prep cook time is only around 20 minutes so this is a super fast meal for midweek…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 18 minute – Cooking time : 42 minutes ]
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin on and bone in (about 8oz/250g each)
- 8 – 12 baby potatoes, scrubbed and skin on, halved (or 3 medium potatoes, cut into 4)
- 2 chorizo (5 – 6 oz / 150 – 200g in total), cut into ⅓cm / ⅛” slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red capsicum (bell pepper), cut into slices
- 1 small red onion, halved and cut into slices (or ordinary onion)
- 1 can (15oz/400g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ½ to 1 punnet cherry tomatoes (8oz / 250g) (Note 4)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (Note 5)
- 1½ tbsp paprika
- ¼ – ½ tsp cayenne or chili powder (adjust to taste for spiciness)
- 1½ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh oregano leave
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Combine the Rub ingredients in a small bowl. Slather over the chicken.
- Boil or microwave the potatoes until slightly undercooked.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep fry pan or ovenproof casserole dish over high heat.
- Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook unit light brown – about 1 to 1½ minutes.
- Then turn and cook the other side until a slightly deeper brown – about the same time. Remove into a big bowl.
- Add the chorizo and fry until lightly brown on each side – about 1 minute (each side). Remove into the same bowl as the chicken.
- If the pan is looking dry (depends on fattiness of chicken and chorizo), add 1 tbsp of olive oil. I did not need this.
- Add the garlic, capsicum (bell pepper) and onion and sauté for 2 minutes until the capsicum is slightly charred.
- It will be extra charred from the dark brown residue from the chorizo and chicken.
- Add the canned tomatoes and oregano and stir to combine, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Then add the potato, chicken, chorizo and cherry tomatoes. Nestle the chicken in so it is half submerged in the tomato.
- Bring to simmer, then cover with a lid (I use a lid from a large pot) or foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and dark brown.
- Serve, garnished with fresh oregano leaves if desired.