Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
In the world, certain towns and areas deliberately shut down completely so the people can take a proper nap and reboot. Well, America is not one of those areas and people are rarely used to napping.
Naps are actually very beneficial for you, so if you do find the time to do it- go for it! Napping is considered a regular, normal and integral part of the circadian (sleep-wake cycle) rhythm.
The focus, concentration, and energy levels are not the same throughout the day, regardless of your long night sleep. So if you want to recharge and get your energy back, a simple nap can do wonders for you.
Many companies, including Apple and Google, are among those companies who allow their workers to take a nap before continuing their work. Medical studies are also pro-nap oriented and state they can strengthen the focus, productivity, and performance in people.
One study, conducted by the University of Colorado Boulder found that children who skipped their napping time have bigger chances to suffer lack of joy and interest and experience health problems like anxiety, problem-solving skills.
This is also true for adults. Some researchers with Berkeley discovered that adults who practice napping more often strengthen their memory function and learning skills. Napping affects the brain positively and allows it to reboot and refresh.
How Long Should A Nap Last?
- As experts claim, a proper nap should last 10 to 20 minutes after which the brain will be regenerated and its function will be improved significantly.
- Naps are shorter and lighter than sleep itself so avoid expanding your nap to more than 20 minutes since you might feel blurry or groggy afterward.
- This is also true for a sleep that lasts an hour- the body starts to sink into serious sleep so if you break it you will feel more tired than before.
- However, longest naps are around 90 minutes and are intended for individuals that cannot sleep well or enough through the night.
- The sleeping process affects the body favorably and lets it improve its creativity and thinking capacity.
- So, nap as much as possible and stay on point at all times. Of course, be mindful not to disrupt your regular night sleep.