Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Want some deliciously stuffed bread, but don’t want to go through the hassle of baking from scratch? This Mushroom Stuffed Bread will satisfy your cravings as a rustic bite that can double as a side at dinner, or can stand on its own for a quick and filling lunch on the go. In just 15 minutes, this herb-filled cheesy bread will be ready to serve. This recipe is really something so simple but delicious that you’ll want to make all the time with different ingredients – mushrooms can easily be swapped out for cold cuts, other veggies, or try this with different cheese variations like feta or Havarti…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 4 part-baked petit pains or rolls
- 8 small mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup (120g) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- ¾ cup (75g) firmly packed mature cheddar cheese, grated
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Bacon crumbles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f. Take the part baked rolls out of the packaging and place on a cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut out an oblong hole from the top of the rolls.
- Scoop out the bread, ensuring you don’t pierce the bottom of the rolls. Place the rolls on a baking tray.
- Discard the scooped out bread (or save and cook later with some drizzled on garlic butter).
- Mix together the mushrooms, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic in a bowl.
- Stir in half the cheese and the black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the bread rolls and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes until the bread and cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley and bacon crumble before serving.