Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This Moroccan Chickpea Lentil Soup is also known as Harira Soup and is full of incredible flavors. You will be thrilled by this one pot meal which is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
Ingredients [ For 4 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1 cup red lentils, uncooked
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- chili or jalapeño slices for heat
- parsley, coriander minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Heat a bit of coconut oil (or for oil-free cooking just a bit of vegetable broth) and fry the garlic, onion and the optional chili or jalapeño slices if using (optional) for 5 minutes until lightly golden browned.
- Then add lentils, vegetable broth, chopped tomatoes, and optional coconut milk. Cook for about ten minutes.
- Add cooked or canned chickpeas to this pot and cook for around 5 minutes more.
- Check if the lentils are done. Serve with optional toppings to your liking, divide into bowls or eat straight from the pot.
- You will have a hard time for waiting for bowls.