Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Mixed Berry Skillet Crisp is the perfect easy dessert for using up some summer or frozen berries. Best of all, it takes less than 10 minutes to assemble with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries topped with a gluten-free oat crumble topping.
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 38 minutes ]
- 2 cups fresh or frozen, defrosted blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen, defrosted sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen, defrosted blackberries
- 1 cups fresh or frozen, defrosted raspberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups old-fashioned oats (use gluten-free if needed)
- 2/3 cup oat flour* (can also use all purpose or almond flour if desired)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (solid – softened slightly) (or unsalted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss the berries with maple syrup and cornstarch. Pour into a lightly greased 8 or 9″ cast iron skillet.
- Rinse and dry the same bowl and add the oats, oat flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt. Use a fork or clean hands to combine the mixture until it forms small pea-sized clumps.
- Spread oat mixture evenly on top of berries with your hands and press down lightly.
- Bake for 35 to 42 minutes, or until golden brown and the edges are bubbling. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.