Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Burger night just got way better! These Mini Mexican Vegan Sloppy Joes make for a hearty, wholesome, flavorful dinner that’ll satisfy everyone at the table….
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup carrots, diced (about ½ medium carrot)
- ¼ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup corn, canned or thawed from frozen
- 1 8-ounce package Sweet Earth Enlightened Foods Chipotle Style Seitan Grounds, thawed
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- ¼ cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 whole wheat slider buns (or 6 regular-sized whole wheat hamburger buns)
- Toppings: lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, cilantro, cashew cheese, other
- In a medium skillet, warm a little water or oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add onion; cook for 5-7 minutes, until onions begin to brown.
- Add garlic, carrots, and bell pepper; cook for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn and seitan grounds; break up the grounds with a wooden spoon. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, water or broth, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and pepper; stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to combine; add more liquid if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve a scoop of the filling on a bun with optional toppings.
Enjoy it !!!