Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Family-friendly low carb chicken Philly cheesesteak comes together in a snap. Serve in bowls for the low carb eaters and on a hoagie bun for everyone else….
Ingredients [ For 3 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 28 minutes ]
- 10 oz boneless chicken breasts (about 2)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup diced onion fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- Slice chicken breasts into very thin pieces (freeze slightly if desired to make this easier) and place in a medium bowl.
- Add next 4 ingredients (Worcestershire through ground pepper) and stir to coat chicken.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large (9″) ovenproof skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until browned -about 5 minutes.
- Turn pieces over and cook about 2-3 minutes more or until brown. Remove from skillet.
- Turn heat off and add chicken back to skillet and stir with veggies to combine.
- Place sliced cheese over all and cover 2-3 minutes to melt.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil to warm skillet. Then add onions, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Cook and stir to heated and tender- 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with warm hoagie rolls for others.